Wednesday 5 December 2007

This poem is dedicated to all those poets who
can really strike a chord with their readers.

Your Poetry Sings


Your poetry sings.

It shimmers with subtle similes.
Your metaphors are musical.
And your imagery sublime.
‘Look,’ you seem to say,
‘And you will become submerged
Into my world.
Discover truths that you never knew existed.
Feel the emotions that cascade.
Know me, and know yourself.’

I long to write like that,
But lack the muse somehow.
My poems are in your face.
No questions need be raised,
No hint of careful introspection.
Why use your thought processes
To untangle what isn’t there?
Here, the truth is plain,
What you see, is what you get.
My poetry does not sing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't say that.

virtual nexus said...

Your poetry is like a sword in a clear pool. I like it.

You might like to look at Jane Holland, Warwick poet laureate, at Raw Light - she's just been doing a poetry workshop and given me come valuable advice. Cheers.

http://rawlightblog.blogspot.com/

Never Say Quit said...

Hi Julie
Thanks for that advice. I'll take you up on that.